Sunday, June 29, 2008

Do you remember the 21st day of September?


This has been a week of great "Live Music" for me.

On Tuesday night I attended the Whitmore Family Benefits Concert at Meydenbauer Center featuring a great local band called About Face. Michael Whitmore (Redmond 1st ward member) was a former drummer in the band. Regrettably, Mike lost his lovely wife Deborah to that nasty disease, Cancer. She was a wonderful lady and her influence will be greatly missed. I wish I'd have had more of an opportunity to get to know her.

Anyway, the band played some great classic rock tunes. I sang along to just about everyone. I have to say "Hotel California" by the Eagles was one of my faves.

It's funny...me and music. If there is any sort of beat playing anywhere within earshot of me, I have to move to it... somehow. Even if it's just my big toe tapping. I remember my cousin Keith Starnes saying something like, "Sheesh Shelly, you can't not move to the beat." It's true. Something happens inside and I have to act on it.

The band, About Face will be paying again July 17 in Sammamish. You can bet I'll be there.

The second live music experience was last night. My roommate Jen came home from work on Friday with two tickets to San Saint Michelle's Saturday night concert with Earth, Wind & Fire. EARTH, WIND & FIRE!!! Her boss gave them to her thinking we might enjoy them. Thank you Larry! What a fun night it was. Guess which one was my favorite? Yep! September. They played so many songs that I just love. The people watching was pretty amazing too. I'm pretty sure Jen and I were the only sober girls in that sea of people.

I might have to consider seeing more live music. It is sooooo fun.

Today it's 89 degrees in our apartment. HOT, HOT, HOT!

5 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Fun, fun, and more fun!
Looks like an awesome time Shelly.

I remember the last time I saw a live music concert: John Denver, at the Puyallup Fair, some time in the early '80s (I was barely knee-high to a grasshopper at that point). :) You've inspired me to try another some time soon!

Glad to see Seattle is getting some SUN for a change!

Have a happy 4th!

grandkrumps said...

Oh, hello, Shelly! What fun to go to outdoor concerts. The Nauvoo Pageant folks do a Sunday Evening Fireside called "Our Story Goes On" which we went to last Sunday night. The microphones did not work well, but the cast members have some fantastic voices. One young lady just was accepted into Young Ambassadors at BYU for fall. I asked her if by chance she knew Bryson Hilton (who sang with YAs while at BYU before he graduated). And she knows him. Fun, huh? The Pageant has its Dress Rehearsal tomorrow night, and the real thing begins on Friday. We are beginning to have a busy town with just the cast here, and anticipate the really big crowds in just a few days.
Much love to you! G

Joe and Joanne said...

I forgot to say: I've made my blog completely private. The only way I can invite someone to see it is via their email address, and I don't have yours! Email me at: jr{my last name}@yahoo.fr and I will send you an invite (obviously the brackets are not part of the email just my first initial, second initial, and full last name. And remember it's .fr not .com. :-)

Becky Rose said...

Shelly, what about The Police? Didn't you and Jen go to that. I feel the same about music that you do.

Your blog is great! Love the pictures. One of these days I'm going to get that up on mine.

Becky

Joe and Joanne said...

Ah-hem...I hear from Keppe that you've come and gone from Boston and I didn't even see you!? I have half a mind to head over to Seattle just to knock you over the head for not at least emailing you were in town my dear! :) In all honesty though, I want to see pics of your adventures! Post a new entry!