Sunday, April 13, 2008

This one is for Jen and Joanne

As mentioned in the title line, this blog is for Jen and Joanne. Just hearing that my site has been visited nearly everyday, and there had been no change to it, was all I needed to hear to get going again. Thank you to my friends for lighting a fire under my blogging buns.

Well, I survived Quantative Reasoning quite well, if I do say so myself. Call me"Sister 4.0". I have to say that taking those last two math classes and getting the grades I did, really boosted my academic confidence. Unfortunately, I'm taking this quarter off to save $$$. But next quarter I plan on starting my biology and science classes. WhooHoo!

I celebrated my birthday since last blogging. My girls and I took a trip to Spokane to visit Jen K. We had a great time. They are all trying to convert me to the love of dangly earings. Everytime we go we visit a store called Finders Keepers and they are all pleased that I have been alittle less conservative and alittle more adventurous w/ my earlobes. Thanks girls.

Easter was a fun day w/ the family. After speaking in sacrament meeting on the topic of, you guessed it, the Ressurrection, I drove to my sister's house in Covington. Despite the rain, we convinced Dad that we needed to grill. No ham dinner for us. We had bbq'd chicken and ribs. My daddy is the BEST bbq'er.

OK! I place my right hand over my heart and do so swear to be a better blogger. Have a great day my friends.

5 comments:

grandkrumps said...

Shelly! Happy birthday late! I'm glad you are doing well in your classes. I leave for a final stint at BYU next Wednesday, since I have another math class to take and American Heritage plus research on a couple of family lines at the Family History Library in Salt Lake. I am loving Nauvoo and hope you will come to visit us sometime. It's not as close as Spokane, but the sights / sites are amazing.

Joe and Joanne said...

Thanks for the post! I have to admit myself somewhat blog-absent lately as I've had a lot going on.
I loved reading this though and congrats on finishing up your class so well!

grandkrumps said...

Hey, Shelly, wouldn't you like to TUTOR me for college algebra? My class began IN THE MIDDLE--that is, way too far advanced for me and I scored 55% on my first exam. I immediately dropped the class and picked it up as an Independent Study class so I can take it a little slower and "go back to the beginning!" I'm now reading The Idiot's Guide to Algebra and starting to understand.

Shelly said...

Gwen, it's so nice to hear from you on my blog. I'm afraid I might not be the best tutor seeing as how once the classes were over I let everything go. I'd probably have to have a tutor of my own now if I had to take a math class. Good luck at school. You can do it. Love, Shelly

Joe and Joanne said...

Hello my dear friend? How are you? I keep checking your blog for an update and hope everything is going well.
Just an FYI that for security reasons I have locked off my blog to invited readers only. I didn't have your email address, but you are MORE than welcome to read my blog. Just email me your email address at: jr[mylastname]@yahoo.fr and I will set you up to log into my account. Don't use the brackets in the email address it's just jr + my last name. And remeber it's not .com, it's .fr (French email site).

I hope the weather is more temporate where you are, it's an oven here now!

Love,
Joanne