Sunday, January 20, 2008

Here's to a great 2008!



Well, 2008 is well on it's way. My friend Keppi just relocated to Boston and I have taken her place in her Woodinville townhome w/ Jen as a new roommate. This picture is of me and my peeps. We are at Keppi's going away party and the people in the picture are as follows; Susan (back center) just moved to Seattle w/ her cute dog Sophie. Jen (far right) is my new, very cool roommate. And front and center is Keppi.

School is going well. I just completed an Algebra class which was a prereq to Quantative Reasoning. You might ask..."What is Quantative Reasoning?" I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. The class is made up of a little right angle trig, some exponential growth and decay and a smidge of sets and logic. FUN! NOT! Pray for me, I'm the least logical person I know.

I'm coming up on 1 year at Dr. Danforth's office. I love working for him. We have a great mix of people on our staff and we are performing some great dentistry.

Happily, I was just called as the Primary teacher for the seven year olds in my ward. They are cute little angles...most of the time. LOL.

Christmas was a lovely time with the family. Unfortunately, I did not manage to get any pics. Poor sister Sue had to have her gall bladder out the day after, but is doing fabulously now.

Well, here is to a great 2008! I'll check in again soon. --Shelly

8 comments:

Joe and Joanne said...

Shelly - I saw your comment on Marci's blog and am so excited you're now part of the blogging community! :) I had to write to say 'hello'! How are things going in Redmond? How are you? Now, we need to get Jen to start a blog too. :)
Take care and I'll be visiting your blog often!

Joe and Joanne said...

Hi Shelly,
That's so strange that you couldn't comment on my blog! I don't have any restrictions set, so it must have been a little glitch. I will go in and reset them just to make sure it's open for everyone.
Oh! I haven't seen that "Jen" in a long time! It's great to have her blog (I wonder if she even remembers me to be honest! LOL). I am adding her to my link list though and definately will keep in touch. The Jen I was thinking of is our adorable, blond-haired Jen that used to attend FHE with you at the Krumperman's house? I do know her last name, but am completely drawing a blank right now (long week so far already). :)
Great to see the blog(s)! They are amazing communication tools, I LOVE them! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Sheg, Cool blog. I loved talking to you last week too. Gotta go for now but... how do you do a blog?
D

marci said...

SHELLY! Oh I miss you! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogs!

SusieQ said...

Hi Shell,
Nice Blog...i just love to Blog.
Blog, Blog, Blog...not really...I dont have time to Blog. If i did Blog, i dont know what i would Blog about. I sure love using the word Blog though. You misspelled Angels. Love ya, mean it. your sis.

grandkrumps said...

Oh, Shelly!
How wonderful to see your comments on Marci's blog and then to discover that you have started one of your own! Link from Marci's to ours and see what we have been up to. We just got back from a 16-day trip to see all the kids, and have to catch up the mail, etc. before we can blog some from the trip. Though you can see pictures from Hawaii by linking to Traci's blog! Talk to you soon! Gwen

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

You need to blog!

Joe and Joanne said...

SHELLY.....You're supposed to BLOG when you have a BLOG!!! :)
How are you doing? Are you crazy busy? Keep me posted, I look at your blog almost every day.