Thursday, March 26, 2009

Antibiotics Rule!

I've been fighting this sickness for the last 3 weeks but it wasn't until my doctor put me on a 10 day course of antibiotics that I'm finally starting to feel better. This is after 2 failed rounds of steriods.

This all started when my doctor stopped giving me samples of my Advair Disc Inhaler. She has been doing so for over a year because even w/ insurance it costs me over $100.00 a month. Well, apparently the drug companies are feeling the sting of these difficult economic times and they aren't giving away the samples that they were. So, my Dr. and I started looking for a cheaper one that would work just as well. No such luck. Turns out nothing works as good as Advair. Once I started messing around w/ the different inhalers, it left my respiratory system vulnerable and the first virus to come along set up shop. I picture the big, green Mucinex guy in there. Yuck!

Ok, I know some might think this is a weird thing to blog about. But I'm really just trying to blog and tonight it's all I could think about to write.

4 comments:

Becky Rose said...

It's ok. Now just find a picture of those musinex guys and waaaalaaaa!

Sorry you're feeling so yucky! Hope you feel back to normal soon!

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

Shelly - You will kick it soon.

Joe and Joanne said...

You just keep on blogging about whatever. It's not weird to blog about being sick, these things happen. I hope you're feeling better soon! Antibiotics do work wonders...

Joe and Joanne said...

Are you feeling better?